Saturday, April 19, 2008

History Lesson!

Here's a bit of Civil War trivia for you History buffs:




Did you know that the reason the Confederate soldiers were going to Gettysburg was because they were in search of shoes? And that in search of their 3 inch strappy mules manly work boots, they spotted the Union soldiers and all hell broke loose?

Shoes: in ur Gettysburg, causing ur bloodiest battle in United States history.




Yes, that is a screen cap from my very own personal copy of Marie Antoinette. It's become one of my favorite sources of mindless entertainment (and I found that if you watch it in French, Kiki Dunst is much less annoying). Oh how times have changed.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger la petite fashionista said...

haha you learn something every day..

i love your idea of watching marie antoinette in french so you cant understand kiki!

4/5/08 12:22 AM  
Blogger What would you like my name to be? said...

thanks for teaching us something new! :)

11/5/08 12:42 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...

I just recently found out all those wonderful shoes were specially made by manolo blahnik...but I'm sure you already knew that :)

14/5/08 12:16 AM  
Blogger Paris said...

These shoes are wonderful, i love the way that the colour gives them a modern twist! I do fashion Illustration and my blog is fairly new, please come visit and take a look : )

Paris xx

17/5/08 6:01 AM  
Blogger Grace said...

Lol. This post was hysterical!

19/5/08 1:53 PM  
Blogger Hypnotic Romance said...

P373 is m4rRi3D.
Gross.

19/5/08 6:08 PM  
Blogger Shelby said...

Haha! I should have used that tidbit for my APUSh essay. Now I have "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" stuck in ym head.

2/6/08 10:58 PM  
Blogger Ashley L. said...

i have always loved that picture of those shoes! so colorful and lively :)

7/7/08 1:07 AM  
Anonymous London Shirts said...

That shoe collection looks lovely!

16/12/09 6:52 AM  
Anonymous Rebecca S. Wing said...

Really a civil war was occurred for shoes?? What a great information. Thanks you. It's historical shoes I ever heard

15/11/16 8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home