Sunday, March 09, 2008

My Heart, Oh My Heart

Shoes that are inspiring me for this Spring/Summer




Yes, I cheated a bit because the Rodarte shoes and the Agatha Ruiz De La Prada shoes are for F/W 08 and not spring, but how can you blame me? Those Rodarte shoes are so hot. They look like fetish wear, and the heel looks spikey enough to be perfect for pulling a Single White Female-esque stab in the eye.

The hearts on the Agatha Ruiz De La Prada shoes liven up an otherwise plain black/brown leather boot. Not that there's anything wrong with the latter, I have more plain black boots then I care to count.

The Anthropologie shoes have been haunting me ever since I received the catalog in the mail and promptly glued them into my fashion journal. The carved heel is reminiscent of the Miu Miu Carved Heels from a few seasons ago. They make me want to wear long bohemian flowing skirts or paisley mini dresses, tuck flowers in my long wavy hair, and dance around in a field like a hippie. Not that I really know anything about true hippies, but Hollywood has told me all I need to know about the fake hollywood-idealized concept of a hippie, didn't they?

Belinda Heels-Bakers.com. Jeffrey Campbell Boots-Urban Outfitters.

Here are some shoes I actually own that I can't wait to play around with for spring.



Side Note: The Urban gold jazz shoes get compliments from everyone, everywhere I go. Even the guys at my school thought they were fierce as hell, which is unusual. It just goes to show you that everyone is a sucker for a gold shoe, even 14/15/16 year old boys who talk incessantly about death metal, Spongebob, and "banging" a copious amount of girls(which I refuse to believe because some of them seem to have barely hit puberty for Prada's sake!).



Now this is so much like me it's scary. I knew there was a reason I chose to write about Rodarte for a school paper. Laura and Kate Mulleavy, god bless you and your wonderfully unwearable collections.

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger discothequechic said...

swooon at the eye ring!

10/3/08 10:09 AM  
Blogger LBIC said...

Looooove the Anthropologie shoes. And the ring is pretty amazing.

11/3/08 11:18 AM  
Blogger Isabel said...

You have so many cool shoes! Now I've got to check payless for some sweet $10 jazz flats.

Oh, and I can pretty much guarantee that no high school boy who still likes Spongebob is having sex. With anyone other than his hand, that is.

12/3/08 8:46 PM  
Blogger Tinsley said...

the rodarte shoes! I love them!

14/3/08 1:40 PM  
Blogger the iron chic said...

I have awesome gold LA Gear shoes that I need to start actually wearing.

p.s.You have to admit Marvita is lookin' a lot better lately.
I can not express how much I HATE Claire's makeover.

16/3/08 7:47 PM  
Blogger The Clothes Horse said...

Your shoes are fierce--all of them! I really want some crazy spiked shoes, ala Rodarte's runway.

16/3/08 9:58 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

Those Anthropologie shoes are way cute. Except I feel like they each probably weigh as much as my trig text book.

22/3/08 8:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you shoe haul is impressive, especially at the prices!

25/3/08 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home