Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Misadventures of Dilemma and The Black Skirt

For years and years, I've been in possession of a skirt. The skirt in question is black and puffy, bought on sale at Anthropologie for about $20. It is clearly meant to be worn as a hip hugging skirt, and me + poofy hip hugging skirt that hits mid-knee = no good. I look positively stumpy, and who wants that?

Sometimes when I'm running out of things to wear, and I'm standing all frazzled at the base of my closet with piles of clothes on the floor, I find myself gawking at it in disgust. Why did I ever buy such an unflattering and hideous piece of clothing?

Poor black skirt - all too soon I was getting ready to give up on it and send it in a Hefty bag down the river (to the nearest Goodwill). That is until tonight in a stroke of something I can only describe as the most clear headed moment of my life, when I realized with the help of a fabulous gold and white skinny belt, that it can transform into my dream skirt! I've successfully transformed and tamed it into being a high waisted (and with a tug here and there "paper bag" waisted) skirt that I've always desired! Yes!



Pink Slip - Came with this Forever 21 dress
Black Skirt - need I reiterate?
Belt - Thrifted
White Shirt - H&M

Pose wise and picture wise, I can sum it up simply:
The FashBot, I am not.

My face often resembles that of the old woman who crawls out of the bathtub in the Shining (or better yet, Dominique from this cycle's ANTM) when photographed. Somehow my favorite outfits become lumpy and shapeless. What's a non photogenic girl with a terrible camera to do?

As Tyra would say, in the midst of all the crappy, over posed, "this is not high fashion AND I WOULD KNOW BECAUSE I'M TYRA BANKS BITCH" photos (cough cough cough), there always has to be a money shot.


Team Smile With Your Eyes, out!

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger SICK. said...

woo ! success :]

did my shoe sizing help aid you at all ?


x.
jessica

26/3/08 5:04 PM  
Blogger Maddy said...

I love it with the pink slip. Good call on the whole.

26/3/08 6:58 PM  
Blogger Hypnotic Romance said...

I like it. And I've really been liking slips too, latley.

I also digg the hair. I will soon be joining the ranks or the anit-locks when, at my next hair appointment, I will chop off most of what is comming out of my head.
Its going to be a shaggy, chealse-esq, shorter-than-a-bob, but not a pixie cut. Inverted on one side, with heavy bangs.

Not complicated at all.
Haha.

Kamakazie Girls by the end of the week. Promise.

26/3/08 11:24 PM  
Blogger Isabel said...

Trust me, you do NOT look like the Shining girl who crawls out of the bathtub.

27/3/08 8:58 AM  
Blogger molly said...

HA i love your photos and your comments!

27/3/08 11:22 PM  
Blogger  said...

i love the skirt and the whole high waisted idea with a skinny belt!

28/3/08 4:23 PM  
Blogger Fashion Ivy said...

hey cool blog. Would u like to link

1/4/08 2:40 PM  
Blogger alexgirl said...

Yay! What a happy story. I love saving clothes and giving them a new life. You look adorable!

2/4/08 1:54 PM  
Blogger love aesthetics said...

I hate having nothing to wear and having all my clothes out on the floor and hating them all!! hahaha
but how you're wearing that skirt is brilliant! looks really good on you

20/4/08 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

such beautiful shots and i love how happy you look! way too many bloggers have this morbid/depressed look on their faces and it makes it not as fun to read their stuff!

5/6/08 12:37 AM  
Blogger JAG said...

This last photo really is your money shot! you look so cute

22/6/08 12:09 PM  
Anonymous Alicia D. Rowland said...

I despise having nothing to wear and having all my dress out on the floor and detesting them all!! In any case, how you're wearing that skirt is splendid! looks better than average on you. It's Very amazing skits

15/11/16 8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home