As soon as I typed the previous post about spring collections, the good ones started rolling in ridiculously soon after. Betsey Johnson
IT'S LIKE SHE CAN READ MY MIND! This is, in collection form, everything I've been lusting for and sketching at (badly, mind you) in my fashion journal. Right down to the colors! Big poofy party dresses in soft pinks, purples, blues, and hints of gold? This is too much for my weak heart to handle. I'm only showing two of my favorite outfits because if I attempted to talk about all of them we'd be here till Shrove Tuesday. True fact.
My dream dress, in my favorite shade of pink. It's very Living Dolls
; Swan Brooner would approve. Was that a horrible, totally not PC comparison or what? Love the glittery socks and heels. Much better than the Addidas flip flops and sweat socks to which I've recently become accustomed. This dress represents everything I'm about right now; girly, frilly, over the top, and ridiculously out of place in this dull dull world. Woe is me.
Purple and gold! One of my favorite color combinations. Ok I lied, I just like anything with gold. I love the halter neck tie (it especially works for moi because oddly enough my shoulders/arms and I are on very good speaking terms) and the gold petticoat peeking out underneath!Marc Jacobs
The collection was batshit, I know. But come on it wasn't THAT bad. Everyone is pitching a bitch about these shoes but let it be known from the Halls of Montezuma to the Shores of Tripoli, that yes I ADORE THESE. Yeah, they'd be killer to walk in but walking is so
overrated. Do as the brats on My Super Sweet Sixteen do and have a chauffeur (or generous parent) drive you everywhere and only walk in them for as long as you can take the searing hot pain. The masochists wearing these will surely have no qualms, so hats off to you. Anna Sui
Made me want to seriously dye my hair crazy colors. I actually might when it grows out. When I was a little girl I wanted red tips in the WORST WAY IMAGINABLE and forced my mom to buy me those ponytail holders with red fake hair attached (remember those?) from Claires. I loved every single piece, so it would be too time consuming and redundant just to write 'I love this because xxxx' over and over again. However, I must mention this...
It figures that Irina would be living out my childhood hair fantasy. And holy shoulder pads Batman!
Honorable Mention: Monique Lhuillier, Marc by Marc, Bill Blass, Tracy Reese, and Peter Som
Now onto more important things:FIRST ANTM EPISODE OF THE SEASON.
Bored? Excited? Disappointed?
I've been waiting for this since the last season ended. It has been my single motivation to get through this horrible week, and I am unhappy to report I was not impressed. Here are some notes I made (shut up) while watching transcribed directly from my notes...
- Victoria-NO. GTFO.
- Tyra as a showgirl=GOLD. That alone makes my life worth living.
- Sabrina-HOW RUDE! "I see now that she's sick it's time for me to shine." Oh...well...that's nice? Why do these girls have to be so damn mean? Will kind of miss because she could have been a nice shit stirrer.
- Christie-You remind people of Adriana Lima? No no, I think you really did mean Adriana Lima Bean.
- Heather-LOVE HER. End of story.
- Girls who don't want it and only try out as a "joke" should not be there. Yeah, we all know that ANTM is kind of a joke, but some girls actually WANT TO BE TYRA'S NEXT TOP MODEL. STOP RUINING THEIR CHANCES YOU UNGRATEFUL BITCHES.
- Jenah-I see you hanging out with guys playing beer pong and reading those extremely hard Amelia Bedelia books. You are a threat in your own mind baby.
Labels: Adriana Lima Bean, ANTM